Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sweet Treat - Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

yep. Just when you thought chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake were delicious enough on their own... A co-workers wife made these and I couldn't keep my hands off them. I requested that I recieve the recipe, but who knows how long I could have been waiting before I could eat one of these things again! Desperate times call for desperate measures. They seemed simple, so I took a shot at making my own version and I was pretty pleased (so were our friends) with the out come.

I don't have a lot of photos, I was literally making these for a party, so I had to focus on making them extra delicious. And since I was sort of winging it, I don't have exact measurements. Baisically these have 3 parts: grahm cracker crust, cheesecake middle/filling and chocolate chip cookie dough topping.

choc chip cheesecake bars 2 copy



I knew the cheesecake filling in the middle needed to be a precise measurement of ingredients in order for it to be cheesecake-esque. I was able to find this Pilsbury recipe, that is similar, but doesn't have a grahm cracker crust, so I used it for the cheesecake part. Which is 1 package of cream cheese (softened), 1/2 cup sugar and 1 egg. I beat all these ingredients together while the grahm cracker crust baked in the oven.

DSC_1519 copy



I think I used approximately 2 cups pre-crushed grahms (amazing time saver!). If you can't find this, just crush your own. I added 1/2 cup melted butter to the grahms and patted them into a rectangle glass baking dish lined with parchment paper. I pre-baked the crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes AT MOST. I let it cool a little before I poured the cheesecake filling in top.

The best part is the crumbled choc. chip cookie topping. I used Nestle, but you could certainly use your favorite cookie recipe and I think the possibilities are endless with the type of cookie dough you put on top. Something with raspberry and chocolate would be AMAZING! Just crumble the dough on top of the cheesecake filling. Be sure to cover the cheesecake filling as best you can.

Bake again for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let them cool for 30 minutes and then put them in the fridge for 2 hours. They set up really nicely if you can be patient enough not to cut into and or pick at them!

The parchment paper allows you to pull them out and cut them into bite sized pieces. They look prettier too :) Happy eats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment