Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quit Your Day Job Article and Photography

I love working with other small business owners. There's just an underlying appreciation for the amount of blood, sweat and tears put into running a business. Its especially enjoyable when those people are personal friends or family. I've blogged about Cheerup Cherup paper goods here before and I had the privilege to photograph Alaina at her home office for a repeating featured article on Etsy's blog called "Quit Your Day Job". These articles typically interview Etsy sellers who were able to quit their day jobs and do what they love full time. These articles are always inspiring and Alaina's story is no different in that regard. She has personally motivated and inspired me, she's absolutely beautiful to photograph and she makes a pretty great sister too! Here are a few of my favs from the shoot.


Alaina - 2



DSC_0253-2




DSC_0278 copy

4 comments:

  1. These are such great photos! I don't have my own business (yet) but I really hope to some day. I can't imagine anything better than being your own boss even if that does require a TON of work. I'm sure it's so worth it!

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! It is so inspirational to know that others are quitting the grind and doing what they love! I look forward to that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily- Your blog is so cute, I love your photos. so great to see what Alaina is up to, also! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete