Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm better today than yesterday

A recent situation put me in a terribly foul and discouraged mood. Hubbs (Jacob) coached me though many good pieces of advice, but his best was to think about it in the morning and figure out what I could learn from it. It was solid. I did feel much better this morning and was able to look at the situation differently. I was able to write down (I literally wrote them down. I think I internalize more and learn better when I write) several things that I would have done differently. This is also something I try to do after every photo shoot. What were the positives and what were the negatives? I try to repeat the positives and change the negs into learned experiences. I was feeling better, but was left feeling vulnerable.

The cold, gray gloomy weather had me wanting to move to Florida and overall, I was feeling down. My sister talked me into a trip to Anthropologie for some inspiration with a project we're working on. (which we're hoping to unveil soon!) It was just what I needed. I found some delicious new perfume, bought some ranunculus flowers at Trader Joe's and the sun came out too. I was able to get some good shots of my new goods in the sun shiny-ness. I wish all bad days could end like this and I feel good knowing I'm little more mature than I was yesterday.

“Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” Mary Tyler Moore

DSC_0854 copy


DSC_0904 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment