Thursday, May 5, 2011

Summa' Vacation!!

This post remains to be one of my favorites from my other blog (that I no longer keep up with) and I wanted to share it here with you all. I think it has some of the best tips and ideas from People Style Watch, my favorite magazine, for vacation style.

Just booked flights to the sunshine state! Lord knows we haven't seen enough of it here in Ohio!

The truth is, the second I booked that flight, I thought about myself in a bathing suit... eek! And all the others things I'll want to wear on vacation! Time to get this body ready for beach worthy garb.

Here starts the original post.

Cure for cabin fever...

Diagnosis: Cabin fever is a term for a claustrophobic reaction that happens when a person is shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period. Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, forgetfulness and excessive sleeping and an urge to go outside even in rain, snow or the dark.

Prescription for Relief: VACATION!

When endless gray hangs in the sky, why not spruce it up with a colorful get away! Even though gray is my favorite color, I prefer it in other places besides the weather. I love People Style Watch magazine and in February's edition they featured a few pages on Vacation Style. My friend Lindsay and I are heading to Florida in a few short weeks to visit our best friend and her family for a week's worth of gal pal time. We're leavin the boys at home! And what girl doesn't love to plan an entire week's worth of outfits for a fab get away!? I'm so looking forward to blue skies, palm trees, sand and that big yellow thing I think they call the sun - and of course quality time with friends and a break from work. Even if you don't have a get away planned, you can incorporate fun pops of color - like these yellow nail polish selections - into your outfits.

I had picked out the "Lite" color from Sally Hansen (on the left). I wore it once, until one of my dogs got a hold of it.... ergh! The one on the right is called Lemon Dash - I love that!


Here's some of the details I picked out from the article:


Glam Look - G-L-A-M, O-R, O-U-S I love that one by Fergie Ferg! Full on luxe, warm hues like orange, yellow and my favorite coral. Gold and sequins are absolutely essential for this look. I especially love the one shoulder bathing suit.


Classic Look - relaxed yet crisp, pair navy and white with red and gold (I love this color combo) It has that sailor feel. Rope details and gold accents. Great for a cruise!

Casual Look - Comfy and cool, nuetral pieces that are super easy to mix and match. Can you say jersey knit!? I love the Fedora and aviator sun glasses are a must.

What's your style? I think I'm a little of each of them, with a touch of boho!

Here's some outfits I picked out from one of my favorite Flickr folks miss vu. Her artsy shots of every day style have given me plenty of inspiration for my vacation wardrobe or for boppin around town during warmer months.




No comments:

Post a Comment