Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blue Door

Flickr: nooooszk "Blue Door"


I'm forgetful. Bad with names. Can't remember what I wore last Tuesday. Lose track of conversations had and shoes are always missing. This is why I make lists, but that's a separate topic. Some times I forget God. I forget how great He is. How I like spending time with him. Talking and writing to Him. I especially forget how He's in control of everything, including all the chaos in my life.

I recently read this post from Jamie Delaine on some changes in her life. It was a good reminder to me that God cares about our hopes and dreams.

My hopes and dreams? Two big ones... 1. be a mother 2. do photography full time.

I've prayed 1,000 times over for the first one... not so much the second one. Why is it that I think I'm bothering God to ask for that? Why is it that I hope the first one will happen so I'll have a good excuse to quit my day job.

What are your hopes an dreams? Do you remember to ask God for His will and timing for those?

Matthew 7:7-11

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! "

No comments:

Post a Comment